Living History Day
Event: Living History Day
Date: Saturday, July 14, 2018
Time: 1 to 4 p.m.
Place: Allen County Museum & Grounds
620 W. Market St.
Lima, Ohio 45801
Contact: Sarah Rish, Allen County Museum
“Living History Day” welcomes everyone to come and stroll the grounds of the Allen County Museum from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 14, 2018. Transport your family back in time to learn more about the lives of your ancestors.
Included in the day’s activities will be:
• Open hearth cooking in the log house
• Re-enactors representing soldiers from the 18th and 19th century
• Bear Claw Jeb and his Native American artifacts
• Craft demonstrations: spinning • weaving • rug hooking and braiding • quilting knitting • tatting • woodcarving
• Master Gardeners: Use of Herbs in Pioneer America
• Children’s Activities
• Free admission and open house in the Victorian mansion next door – the MacDonell House
• Keep an eye out for President George Washington
Program at 2 p.m. in the Folsom Auditorium: “Meet Mary Todd Lincoln”
Mrs. Barbara Brugler will present a first-person program about First Lady, Mary Todd Lincoln and her family. This program is geared for a family audience of all ages.
As a psychotherapist, Barbara brings unique insight into Mary including both her weaknesses and strengths. You will find her portrayal of the much-maligned wife of the 16th president of the United States both entertaining and enlightening.
Along with her husband, Mr. Robert Brugler as Abraham Lincoln, Barbara has been portraying Mary for over seven years around Ohio at such places at the American Civil War Museum in Tiffin, the Ohio History Center, the Ohio State House and the Garfield home, as well as Manassas, VA, Gettysburg, PA, and as faculty at Capon Springs, WV for a reenacting emersion weekend, to name a few.